Enough with Enough

The room wasn't clean enough. The makeup wasn't blended enough. The skirt wasn't big enough. The speech wasn't persuasive enough. The hair wasn't straight enough, then it wasn't curly enough. The waist wasn't small enough. The voice wasn't clear enough. The words weren't pretty enough.

I wasn't perfect enough.

***

If you've ever felt like you aren't good enough, these words are for you.

Because you're right. You aren't good enough. You aren't good enough because the standards are impossible, and you aren't perfect.

That's the bad news. The good news? You don't have to be.

You don't have to have perfect. No matter what you've heard, no matter what you've told yourself. You can't be perfect, and you don't have to be.

I'm tired of people wishing they had that one thing. If they had that hair, or those clothes, or that grade, that talent, that popularity, they'd be enough. I'm tired of people shaming their own bodies. Of looking at themselves in the mirror and saying "my hair looks awful," "my hips look so big," "I wish I looked like someone else."

You are you, I'm sorry to say (not really, it's true and I won't apologize for saying true things). You are you, and that's all you can be. The moment you try to become someone else, you lose one of the most valuable things you have.

The way you laugh, the way you cry. The way your voice sounds. Your hopes and dreams.

Yes, you change and become a better person and that's wonderful. But despite the different phases, despite the growth and change, despite the pain and heartbreak, despite the years that go by you are always you.

And I think that's wonderful.

You're you and nobody else. Nobody else in the whole world is you. Even if there's someone who's probably trying to be you, they're failing because nobody can be as you as you. And yes I sound like Dr. Seuss and I take that as a compliment.

If you think you have to be something more, something else, someone else to meet some of "enough," you are wrong. I've had enough with enough. Because the truth is?

You are more than enough.

You being you is all that you need. It's all God asks for.

Don't be anyone else. Don't be anything you're not, because you are better than that.

You are more, and that's what's up.

Comments

  1. Hadley, I needed this post so bad. Just as I was looking at my hair, clothes, and all the flaws, I read this post and thought, "How providential! I was just thinking about how awful I look today and wishing I looked like someone else, and then I read this! Wow." Keep up the inspiring posts. <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Gabana! Always remember that you are you and that's freaking awesome. <3
      >hg<

      Delete
  2. I will! You keep rockin' out the Hadley style! *_* hugs always.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment