Start Here.

For the one who desires to be honest, but are afraid others won't accept your brokenness

For the one who has heard the word grace a thousand times, but don't know what it really means

For the one who wishes she were confident, but can't figure out how

For the guy raised learning Sunday School answers, but feels like he doesn't know anything

For the girl who wants to make a difference, but feels too small to be noticed

For the "cool kid" who knows how to be liked, but is crushed when they aren't

For the teenager who has something to say, but fears no one will listen

For the good girl who is breaking inside, and the good boy who won't show his struggles

For anyone who wants to be brave, but doesn't know where to start

I'm writing for you.

I'm afraid of honesty, but I know the risk is worth the reward. The only reason I know what grace is, is because I need it every day. I try to be confident, but I'm still learning how.

Bravery isn't just moving to a new city. It's not roller coasters, skydiving, or tightrope walking across the Grand Canyon. Courage isn't just being a missionary overseas. It's not starting a charity or speaking in front of a crowd in from a thousand people.

Bravery doesn't start big. It starts with a small step outside your comfort zone. Then another step. And another after that. You say the next yes, and the next one, until you look back and see how far you've come. Bravery is learning and living out the lesson. It's being afraid of coming change, but choosing to face it anyway. It's knowing that you're not perfect and being able to receive grace.
Use your words, your actions, your heart. Use the gifts God has given you.

I want to be brave, and I want you to join me. I don't know everything, but I'm learning.

If you want to be brave, but don't know where to start

Start here.

Comments